7 Vital Tips
There are 7 vital tips you must consider when hiring a roofing contractor and filing insurance claims.
- DO NOT sign a contract after initial contact. Do your due diligence which includes getting additional estimates.
- When making insurance claims, write down the date and time of storm, take pictures and video, and note the size of hail stone with measuring tape to show size.
- Take time to do your research when finding a quality contractor.
- Then contact your insurance agent who will direct you to get an estimate.
- If there’s evidence of storm damage, YOU must hire the roofing contractor.
- You chose a roofing pro that you feel is qualified and will do the best job.
- Once the roofing professional has completed the project, the insurance company will pay for work minus your deductible.